Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beginning of an international adventure...

As my days in Canada grow fewer and fewer, I admit I can't help but feel a strange anticipation at what's to come. I've never lived in the city where I'm going, I don't speak the language, and I don't know anyone there. But somehow I know everything will work out just fine.

As of today, the company has booked the flight to depart at 130am on May 17....that makes May 16 my last day in Canada...
I am to fly to Hong Kong, stay 1 night there and take a ferry to mainland China the next day. Upon arrival, the company has arranged for a car to pick me up and escort me to a hotel in Shunde. There, I will freshen up and start mostly administration stuff with HR, getting everything set up.

On May 20th I start my official first day of work, and finalize my move into company accommodations. Life will be very different from now on. I remind myself that it is only for a year. But I also remind myself that this will be a year that I cannot and will not forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment